Frag Plugs

manmadecorals

Website Affiliate
Website Affiliate
Website
manmadecorals.wixsite.com
I'm doing a group buy for Boston Aqua Farm Plugs on a different forum if any of you are interested.

I am currently at 7 bags.

Ceramic Frag Plugs 100/Bag

1 - 5 bags: $23.00/bag
6 - 12 bags: $22.00/bag
13 - 20 bags: $21.00/bag
21 - 30 bags: $20.00/bag
31+ bags: $19.00/bag

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Hi guys, Sorry to jump in on your conversion. I recently picked up a 3D printer and have been making Frag racks. Check out this link and if you are interested I can make a couple - the cost would be only for machine time & material. I can send a picture of the ones I have printed off if you wanted too

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:21942

Looks very nice. One recommendation is to get rid of the suction cups, they don't hold up in a reef tank.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
How does one go about making their own frag plugs. I'm looking into setting up a frag tank system. Want to try to do it on the cheap

general use portland cement and crushed coral then alot of experimenting to figure out the right combination that coral like and about a 2 month leech and cure process then your ready to make :)

Hi guys, Sorry to jump in on your conversion. I recently picked up a 3D printer and have been making Frag racks. Check out this link and if you are interested I can make a couple - the cost would be only for machine time & material. I can send a picture of the ones I have printed off if you wanted too

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:21942

Ditch the suction cups they wont hold plugs up for long.... should make a groove for a rare earth magnet and seal it in with epoxy so it doesnt make water contact one on outside dont matter. Just my 2 cents

just a question, i my be out of wack here but why frag plugs? I have been fragging for years and always use live rock rubble. when placing it looks much more natural and doesn't look frag store bought. when I purchase new frags I have to remount them onto rubble. my goal is to have a more natural realistic looking display.

Reactions: J_T

Bfofre

707d74c5679b0d0e26292fac6ca10a83.jpg

Our 3D printer..

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
just a question, i my be out of wack here but why frag plugs? I have been fragging for years and always use live rock rubble. when placing it looks much more natural and doesn't look frag store bought. when I purchase new frags I have to remount them onto rubble. my goal is to have a more natural realistic looking display.
agreed but when having a fragtank trying to move and organize can be a little easier with plugs and my arooganite and portland ones can be custom made to any shape and blend in well with lr. Its all in preference but for trading and selling plugs are the way to go most people just break off the plug and add to lr anyway then keep stub in frag tank to keep growing a backup :)

clint

I do the same thing, I sometimes use a hammer and chisel at times. sometime frag plugs too though.

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com

And I thank you for doing it! Nothing distracts the eye when looking at tank of the month/year material, and seeing all the squares, and circles at the base of the coral!